CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Cont.)
Creating Safer Festivals for Everyone
The Federation and its member Festivals use the following policies and procedures to create Safer Festivals for everyone:
- A single, definitive Child Protection Policy adopted by all Federation Festivals.
- One or more designated Festival Safeguarding Officers (FSO) appointed for each Federation Festival. Name: Christine Upton Email:[email protected]
- Best practice advice in the form of Safe Working Practice and Festival Child Protection leaflets, with support and training for all Festival staff and volunteers. Including clear reporting procedures for anyone with a concern about a child.
- Appropriate recruitment and induction procedures for all new Festival staff and volunteers responsible for providing safe environments for everyone attending / performing at a Federation Festival.
- All Festival personnel wear an official Festival badge bearing our logo and title. All teachers/parents/guardians /carers are asked to report all incidents of any nature to anyone wearing a badge. All reported incidents will be handled in accordance with the Safe Working Practice and Festival Child Protection best practice advice. In addition we will ensure the availability of a quiet area / room where concerns can be expressed in private.